Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Un-United

I was flying back from San Francisco to Singapore as news broke about the denied boarding incident on United in Chicago.  I was flying business class on UA#1 from SFO to SIN, their longest non-stop flight at 17+ hours, so I didn't expect to get roughed up.  There was a little buzz about the incident as we were getting settled.



I had checked a bag of Amazon merchandise and after quickly clearing immigration through their automated gates (the benefits of being a resident on an Employment Pass) I had to wait at the baggage carousel for my bag.  It took longer than expected, about 15-20 minutes.  But what I didn't expect was Changi Airport personnel rolling out a snack cart, complete with iced mochas, water, and small candies and snacks--all at no charge. 

Nice touch Changi! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment