Saturday, August 19, 2017

Don't worry, I've got this handled



One of the things I like about Singapore is the ingenuity that Singaporeans bring to problems, big and small.  Big solutions are everywhere; the way they have turned estuaries into fresh water reservoirs, the Marina Bay Sands, Changi Airport.

One of my favorites is the "handle bags" they use to make life easier.

One of the classics is the "bag holsters" that they have for coffee.  Yes, I know, this is wasteful--but do you know how much easier it is to carry a hot cup of coffee with your arm hanging down straight than having to crook your elbow at 90 degrees?

I discovered another one the other day when I decided to pick up a pizza on the way home.  I actually asked myself did I really want to carry a pizza box with my briefcase for the 10 minute walk from Modestos to our condo on Ardmore Park Road?  I decided that physical discomfort would win over hunger.  I had to wait about 15 minutes for my take-away pizza (enjoying a Tiger beer while I waited).  The server brought out the pizza and then whipped out a bottomless bag that the bag fit into perfectly.  This gave the box a handle that made it oh so much easier to carry home.

Bravo Singapore--you make my life easier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment